- DWK Erlenmeyer flasks provide long-term durability.
- DURAN® super duty Erlenmeyer flasks have a reinforced rim providing higher mechanical strength and reduced risk of accidental breakage.
- KIMAX® Erlenmeyer Starter Packs are available in a range of popular sizes – ideal for starting up a new laboratory.
- KIMCOTE® safety coated Erlenmeyer flasks are autoclavable.
- KIMCOTE® Erlenmeyer flasks minimize risks of shattered glass and chemical leakage.
Frequently Asked Questions
No. The graduations printed on Erlenmeyer flasks are approximate only and Erlenmeyer flasks should never be used for measuring purposes. Only specific calibrated volumetric products such as volumetric flasks, measuring cylinder, pipets and burets should be used obtain accurate volume measurements. Erlenmeyer flasks are suitable for a range of liquid handling applications, including mixing, storage, titrations, and the heating and cooling of chemical solutions.
An Erlenmeyer flask is the best for titration due to its distinct shape. Its conical design with a broad base, slanted sides, and narrow neck makes it easy to mix its contents by swirling without spilling.
An Erlenmeyer flask has the following limitations:
Limited accuracy in measuring volume - due to conical shape and lack of precise markings on the flask
Unsuitable for use in high-energy chemical reactions - due to the flask not being designed to withstand high pressure or temperature
Risk of splashing or splashing when decanting - due to the narrow neck and lack of spout
The accuracy of the graduations on an Erlenmeyer flask is 5% of the contained volume. DWK offers a wide range of volumetric products that are specifically designed to help you accurately measure liquids of any volume.