At DWK our supply chain team aims to reduce emissions by optimizing transportation, implementing circular economy practices and reducing waste. We are keen to further optimize our production footprint and reduce the need for excessive distribution and supply chains. By collaborating with our suppliers, we intend to create a more holistic and impactful solution to the sustainability challenges.
Target & Commitments
Emissions & CO2 Footprint
The achievement of the climate goals defined in the “Paris Agreement” requires the joint effort of individuals and companies. We, as DWK Life Sciences, want to contribute by improving our CO2 footprint. Our work on CO2 emission reduction comprises activities within our own manufacturing units and along our supply chain. Although first ideas have been successfully implemented, we are currently devoting ourselves to further developing meaningful measures in order to make our contribution to global CO2 reduction.
Supplier Code of Conduct
DWK Life Sciences is committed to the principles of Environmental Social and Governance (ESG). In order to account for ESG topics as much as possible, we aim to integrate ESG related activities in our day-to-day business. Compliance with relevant environmental, social and governance laws and regulations is a must when entering a supply relationship with us. Therefore, we have developed a Supplier Code of Conduct which addresses environmental, social and governance matters. Together with our suppliers, we strive to improve our combined sustainability performance.
Supplier Code of Conduct Targets
- Encourage our suppliers to utilize resources responsibly and contribute to the reduction of CO2 emissions.
- Raise awareness among our suppliers to ensure their employees and employees of their suppliers are treated with respect and work under appropriate labor conditions.
- Work commonly on a fair and honest collaboration that avoids bribery and protects internal company data - especially in digital format - in the best possible way.
Activities to improve the Supplier Code of Conduct
- A sustainable monitoring system will be implemented within our organization in order to track the compliance with our Supplier Code of Conduct.
DWK's Contribution to UN SDG's
DWK's sustainable development objectives are in line with the United Nations' Sustainable Development Goals, which include:
- Improving global health and well-being
- Promoting gender equality
- Encouraging responsible consumption and production practices
- Taking action to address climate change
Environmental Social Governance (ESG) Topics
The material topics identified and based on ESG are climate change and energy conservation, health and safety measures related to product stewardship, water conservation and management, air emissions reduction, waste reduction and resource efficiency, and upholding human rights, promoting employment, and ensuring diversity.