Square glass bottles maximize storage space by using their square shape to minimize wasted space. DWK’s square glass bottles are available in various cap and liner combinations, and have a wide-mouth design ideal for mixing, storing, transporting, and sampling liquids & solid materials.
- Choose the DURAN® laboratory square glass bottle for its fully autoclavable components and high resistance to chemical attack.
- Opt for the WHEATON® HDPE oblong square bottle when you need good chemical resistance.
- Choose WHEATON® PETG sterile media bottles for applications that require pH stability and temperature control in the range of +70°C to -40°C.
- Choose WHEATON® sterile PETG and PC media bottles, sterilized by gamma irradiation, to save time and avoid sterilizing bottles before use. Non-sterile bottles are also available in this range.
- Select the KIMBLE® or WHEATON® clear glass French square bottles for easy content viewing.
- Rely on the WHEATON® sterile square PET media bottle no-drip pour lip for ease of liquid pouring and management.
Frequently Asked Questions
French square bottles’ wide mouth and short neck distinguish them from other square bottle types. This unique shape maximizes volume storage and space usage.
French square bottles have clean lines and a contemporary design. This aesthetic appeal makes them suitable to use in industries where efficient storage, product visibility, and visual presentation are important.
Cleaning square glass bottles requires the same steps you follow in cleaning other laboratory apparatus. In addition, here are some extra measures to thoroughly clean the hard-to-reach areas of square glass bottles:
- Soak bottles in warm soapy water to loosen stubborn residue.
- Vigorously shake bottles with soapy water to dislodge particles.
- Use long-handled brushes, pipe cleaners, sponges with angled edges, or compressed air or water jets to clean deep corners.
- Exercise caution during cleaning to avoid scratching the glass.
- Choose ultrasonic cleaners that create tiny bubbles to agitate and remove contaminants from surfaces and crevices.