Laboratory Safety Training
Lab Safety Starts With Quality Glass…And Continues With Training
At DWK Life Sciences, we believe that the more you know, the safer you’ll be. That’s why, in addition to taking advantage of our laboratory safety training, we also encourage you to learn more about the design and manufacturing of all of our products. Understanding what’s behind lab glassware is foundational to safety and long-term performance.
Of course, our commitment to your safety continues beyond your purchase. Lab use, handling, washing, storage, and even disposal of glassware, all play collective roles in supporting good glassware safety. That’s why we offer on-site training and completion certificates. Your local DWK Life Sciences Sales Rep can arrange this or simply contact Customer Service. With proper product selection, use, and care — plus our ongoing support — you’ll safely avoid costly accidents and lost samples.
- Prevent scratches, mechanical shock from collisions, and gain an improved grip with safety coatings like KIMBLE® KIMCOTE® Safety Coated glassware. Or choose heavy-walled glassware options whenever additional strength is needed.
- Stand up to pressure and vacuum applications with ULTRA-WARE® reservoirs and DURAN® pressure plus + laboratory bottles.
- Avoid flaws induced by thermal shock with proper use of tongs and handling.
- Learn how solutions such as bumpers, bases, and removable sidearm improve safety handling.
- Discover inspection tool that can help prevent accidents or sample loss, plus the guidelines for replacement cycles including KIMBLE® KIMAX® Colorware.
- Understand glass types (33, 51A, soda lime) and how failure can be avoided by following proper product selection and use guidelines.
- Find out why ASTM designations matter to laboratory safety and quality results including KIMBLE® KIMAX® volumetric pipets, flasks, bottles, and other glassware items.
- Master best practices for glassware use, handling, washing, storage, and disposal.